CCER offers expert technical assistance (TA) to agencies of all kinds - acting as a catalyst for change and adaptation, a developer of new continuing education information and resources, a clearinghouse for existing resources and information, and/or a partner with the agency in meeting its own needs. Costs for these services may be covered by existing grant resources, or negotiated based on the services needed.
CCER staff can be involved in technical assistance at three levels. The highest, and most preferable, is to be involved in long-range planning addressing issues relating to quality assurance and continuous improvement. The second level of TA involves assisting in identifying a strategy to address a specific issue (internal or external). The third level of TA involves assisting the agency in implementing a specific strategy that has already been identified as an appropriate approach.
Examples of recent technical assistance activities include:
• Working with Alaska VR to develop orientation training materials for vendors
• Facilitating strategic planning activities involving a CRP’s Board of Directors and staff
• Working with Washington Division of Services for the Blind to plan two meetings with stakeholders to conduct an Independent Living Program review
• Coordinating and conducting a regional meeting of Rehabilitation Educators and State VR agency staff
If you are interesting in exploring CCER’s technical assistance resources and how we might assist you and your agency, please contact Dr. Kathe Matrone at email@example.com or 1-888-377-0100 extension 318.
If you are interested in technical assistance related to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), you can reach the staff of DBTAC Northwest at www.dbtacnorthwest.org or 1-800-949-4232
Three Levels of Technical Assistance:
- Long-range planning, continuous quality improvement
- Developing strategies to address a specific issue (internal or external)
- Helping implement a specific strategy that has already been identified by the customer
- Technical Assistance
- Continuing Education
- ADA Consultation
- Disability History
- TACE Northwest