The Emerging Leaders Series is intended primarily for:
- Mid- and upper-level managers, including directors, of community-based rehabilitation, job-training, and related programs.
- Mid-managers of state agencies involved in rehabilitation, job-training, and related programs.
Individuals are nominated by the directors of their agencies (who may nominate themselves) or by others in leadership positions with the approval of their agency director or board chairperson.
The criteria for nominations are:
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Professionally competent and respected
- Commitment to their field and to the people they serve.
- Willingness to invest considerable time and effort to develop their leadership potential
Nominations of persons who are members of groups that have been traditionally underrepresented, such as members of racial or ethnic minority groups, women, and persons with disabilities are encouraged.
Individuals accepted into the Emerging Leaders Series must agree to attend and actively participate in all three sessions. There will be material to read or other assignments prior to every session and occasional evening assignments during the sessions. Each participant will be required to develop and implement a project that will result in a positive change within their organization or community