Consortia of Administrators for Native American Rehabilitation
CCER partners with CANAR, the Consortia of Administrators for Native American Rehabilitation. After the passage of the Rehabilitation Act Amendment of 1992, considerable actions were taken to enhance cultural competence in rehabilitation service delivery, increase outreach and services to persons with disabilities from diverse populations, and develop recruitment strategies of persons from diverse backgrounds to work in areas of rehabilitation. The Mission of CANAR is to serve as a vehicle for collaboration and cooperation between administrators of Native American Rehabilitation Projects to increase and enhance the quality of service, resulting in positive outcomes for Native Americans with disabilities. This information was captured from CANAR's national website, found here.
The following list is comprised of those tribes located within CANAR's Region X.
- Aleutian Pribilof Islands Association (Alaska)
- Tanana Chiefs Conference (Alaska)
- Coeur d'Alene Tribe (Idaho)
- Maniilaq Association (Alaska)
- Colville Tribe (Washington)
- Samish Indian Nation (Washington)
- Cook Inlet Tribal Council, Inc. (Alaska)
- Kodiak Area Native Association (Alaska)
- Spokane Tribe (Washington)
- Cowlitz Indian Tribe (Washington)
- Confederated Tribes of Umatilla Indian Reservation (Oregon)
- Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians (Oregon)
- Association of Village Council Presidents (AVCP) (Alaska)
This map contains the location of CANAR and other Tribal Vocational Rehabiliation Programs in Region X of CANAR. For more information on a particular tribal program, visit one of the links above, or click on one of the pins on the map.