The Many Ways of Wayfinding
Tuesday September 12, 2017
10am to 11:30am PST
Cost: $45 per site
Register Here: http://bit.ly/Wayfind
In this 90-minute webinar, speaker Peggy Martinez will discuss a variety of issues involving wayfinding, including the following:
What is wayfinding?
- The varied conditions of blindness and low vision.
- How do people who are blind and sight-impaired navigate in the world, tools and techniques?
- What is orientation and mobility?
- Indoor vs outdoor navigation.
- Use of sound, texture, natural conditions and topography in wayfinding.
- Low tech vs high tech wayfinding tools.
- Signage, braille, raised print, high contrast and directionality.
- Obstructions and protrusions.
- Wayfinding in large open spaces such as transit. terminals, stadium entrances, campuses and parks.