NOMINATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MARCH 15, 2019 SPACE IS LIMITED.
More info & Nomination Application HERE.
EMERGING LEADERS SERIES
The Emerging Leaders Series is intended primarily for:
- Mid and upper-level managers, including directors, of community-based and tribal organizations which support people with disabilities to work, live in and participate fully in their communities.
- Mid and upper-level managers of state agencies involved in rehabilitation, job-training and related programs supporting people with disabilities.
- People primarily serving clients can be nominated if they have had additional responsibilities in the office or have worked on initiatives, projects, partnerships with other agencies, workgroups etc.
Individuals are nominated by the Directors of their organizations (who may nominate themselves) or by others in leadership positions with the approval of their agency Director or Board Chairperson. The criteria for nominations are:
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Professionally competent and respected
- Commitment to their field and to the people they serve.
- Willingness to invest time and effort to develop their leadership potential
Nominations of persons who are members of groups that have been traditionally underrepresented such as members of racial or ethnic minority groups, women, and persons with disabilities are encouraged.
Individuals accepted into the Emerging Leaders Series must agree to attend and actively participate in all three sessions. There will be material to read or other assignments prior to every session and occasional evening assignments during the sessions. Each participant will be required to develop and implement a project that will result in a positive change within their organization or community.
There will be a $2,900 registration fee for the 12 days of training. Travel and per diem expenses are the responsibility of the participant and/or participant's agency. Registration fees are due at the time of acceptance into the program unless arrangements have been made with CCER. Participants selected to participate in the 2019 Emerging Leaders Series will receive instructions on how to register with and make payment to CCER.
Session I: Tuesday May 14 - Friday May 17 - in Seattle, Washington
Session II: Tuesday July 30 - Friday August 2 - in Seattle, Washington
Session III: Tuesday October 22 - Friday October 25 in Olympia, WA
After completing the Nomination Form, please send this information, along with the enclosed application form, to the individual you have nominated.