Session I: Building Relationships That Work
- Foster collaboration by promoting cooperative goals and building trust.
- Strengthen others by sharing information and power.
- Set an example for others by acting in ways consistent with one's values.
- Recognize individual contributions to success of every project.
- Celebrate team accomplishments regularly.
The first session focuses on understanding differences about how people think, feel, and behave in relation to working together in a constructive way. Participants are asked to complete a variety of self-assessment instruments, including the Leadership Practices Inventory that is also completed by others who work closely with the participant. A day is spent on the "Challenge Course," an ingenious outdoor experience designed to foster teamwork and group problem solving.
Please note: Exact start and end times vary day to day.